- A global collaboration platform where individuals can find like-minded collaborators and team up to build and launch a monetizable product or service. This happens via a trustless payment gateway. Each payment gateway has a revenue sharing cap table.
- A payment gateway that obeys the rules of its associated cap table, thereby allowing users to collaborate with each other trustlessly. All incoming payments on this gateway are split amongst team members, treasury, investors and bots (if any).
- A proprietary resolution voting system that has a private record of resolutions (action items) passed by the collaborative entity – allowing people to vote on decisions like dilution, treasury threshold, etc.
- A time-locked smart contract based vesting system to prevent premature rewards for collaborators.
Here is a quick chat taalk team had with Enkidu –
Why you started enkidu? and what is the key problem you are trying to solve?
We’re trying to make the process of creating a company easier, and linking the process of running a company to a payment gateway.
Whats the key differentiator and the edge over your competitors in terms of the value you provide?
Our competitors are the Delaware C-Corps, the LLCs and other expensive structures of creating a company. We’ve created a pass through entity that allows anyone in the world to team up trustlessly. That means that they don’t have to trust that their team members won’t run away with the money. Here’s a long writeup: https://medium.com/enkidu-io/the-merger-of-the-company-entity-and-the-payment-gateway-608a606214b8
How do you see the Blockchain’s evolution in next 5-10 years?
The blockchain will be an integral part of several systems, as it brings immutability to records. More importantly, we’re very excited for smart contracts – programmatic money makes life a lot easier for accountants, regulators, governments and Enkidu too!
What’s your vision for future of enkidu?
Right now Enkidu is apt for small teams that want to collaborate globally. We give them a payment gateway that splits incoming payments depending on their share in the entity. However, what’s exciting is that there is no company entity – even tax is “flow-through”. In the future, we want to help much larger companies run with our proprietary resolution system and payment gateway, because we think all incoming and outgoing payments will be digital. To do this, we need a favourable government to allow us to create a new type of company, called an “Enkidu” that can be taxed independently. Because our platform automatically splits payments, we can automatically split out tax too – a blessing for most governments!
What thoughts do you want to leave it to those who want to get into this ?
We think that we’re going to make the process of being an entrepreneur easy for everyone. Now everyone can use their talents to participate in global digital business building. These days, digital businesses require very less CapEx to start, and Enkidu is a clear winner compared to the manual process of registering a company, getting a bank account and then finding a payment gateway. If you believe in what we’re trying to accomplish – participate in our ICO. The pre-sale starts on March 5th and there’s a 40% bonus for early adopters!
Here are some key advantages enkidu has:
- When an incoming payment comes in, a 0.5% transaction fee is charged – one half of that goes to the Enkidu team, the other half burned out of existence, thus increasing the value of the coin.
- A strong team with past startup exits, led by a Bloomsbury (of Harry Potter fame) published author and one of the youngest entrepreneurs to have raised VC capital in India.