WhatsApp Messenger app finally interposes its salient feature of desktop calling for Mac and PC. WhatsApp calls will be end-to-end encrypted. WhatsApp users can obtain this feature on mobile devices and computers. WhatsApp company planned to make sure that they can give you a reliable and high-quality calling experience. They are in the idea of expanding this feature to include group voice and video calls in the future business. WhatsApp Messenger application clears that the calling feature is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer. WhatsApp also added the feature of disabling read receipts for voice messages sent on individual chats. WhatsApp helps to switch off the read receipts that notify the sender of whether the recipient has listened to the audio or not. To avail of this feature, a user needs to go to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy.
One of the key features added by WhatsApp was we can mute videos before sharing them as your WhatsApp status or sending it to other chats. We can access this feature from the video editing screen when one shares a video with another contact. This feature is exclusively available on the Android version of the app
How to make or receive calls on WhatsApp Desktop?
● First, you should require a basic net connection with minimum speed on both the mobile and computer.
● The app users can open an individual chat whom they wish to call.
● A voice call icon, as well as a video call icon, will appear on the desktop screen of the app.
● They can click on the icons to make a call.
WhatsApp interpose new Video and Audio call feature for Desktop App
● WhatsApp has not initiated a group call feature for desktop so only one-to-one voice or video calls can be made.
● An audio output device and microphone for voice and video calls and a camera for video calls.
● The call won’t go through your mobile phone, it is done online.
● WhatsApp needs access to your computer’s microphone for calls and camera for video calls so you need to grant permission for the call facility at your settings.
WhatsApp Messenger application has users over 2 billion across the globe, and they processed over 1.4 billion calls on New Year’s Eve where the usage tends to reach its peak and WhatsApp new feature of voice and video calls in the desktop version of the app targets other video calling apps like Zoom, Google Meet.